Monday, August 10, 2009

My little Susie turns ONE

From the beginning you were a wonderful surprise. Your Dad and I never expected to have two babies so close together and then you came into this world almost 3 weeks early.

I'll give a brief summary of your birth for those who don't know. We were living in Asia during the whole pregnancy. All through July I had lots of Braxton-Hicks, I was also sitting in Language class for 25 hours a week. So when we were eating dinner at a friends house I ignored the contractions I was having thinking they were just more BH contractions. But as the evening progressed I was getting more uncomfortable and told Peter it was time to head home. It took another 30 minutes before we were able to make it into an Auto Rickshaw for the 15 minute drive home. During the ride I think the contractions were about 3-4 minutes apart yet I still insisted that there was no way you would come before midnight, it was about 8:45pm then. In God's perfect planning the friend who was going to watch Isaiah when it was time was at our house along with 11 other friends from Scotland. So we dropped off Isaiah, called the doctor, and called a taxi for the hospital. We drove the 15 minutes to the hospital and made it there by 9:30pm. I was immediately taken to a delivery room. My Doctor had not shown up yet (because Pete called the wrong number) so the attending checked me over and said I still had a while. As the doctor began to suit up THAT time came. I rolled onto my back, had Pete get someone to raise the bed and after about 3 pushed Susannah was born at 9:53pm. She was so tiny and perfect. It was incredible how fast everything went and how easy it was (compared to Isaiah's birth). I made Pete follow Susannah and the doctors with her around, they had to take her out of the room for somethings. So I was able to get cleaned up and by this time my Doctor had arrived and saved me from a dose of IV antibiotics ("cause that's how things are done here" according to the attending). We had two nights in the hospital and then brought baby Schug home (she was un-named for 5 days) to a house full of 11 new people. What an adventure it was.



Isaiah thought having a real live baby doll was wonderful. It has been awesome to watch how strong their bond is. They hug and kiss, wrestle and fight, and always want to know where the other one is. They bring so much joy to us.


Susannah enjoying the sunshine in Thailand. Before she turned one she had been to three different countries and been through 19 different states. She is a trooper!
To my dear baby girl...
You are such a ray of sunshine, who can always make me smile. We have loved everyday you've been with us. I pray as you grow that you will come to know Jesus at a early age and trust in Him and follow Him all the days of your life. I pray you will never lose your smile and tender spirit. Yet you have a stubborn streak that will challenge you as life moves on. You are such a little spit-fire yet never turn down a hug with Mom. Thank you for all the ways you bring joy to my life.

And in a side note to Susannah, she beat her brother to the hospital. Last Thursday she fell off (possibly pushed by brother) the first step straight back onto her head on the wooden floors here and we I went to pick her up she passed out in my arms. It took a bit to wake her up and when she did her pupils were all funny. So I called the doctor and had to take her into the ER for a CT scan. Everything came back fine but she did have a concussion and we had to wake her up every 2 hours all night. Poor little girl, it's hard being so tiny and already running everywhere.

She has also manage to make it to the top of the slide and into the play structure at Chik-Fil-A. How she managed to get up the top of the 10 foot slide I have no idea! So I had to go climbing up after her and bring her down.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment