Monday, November 16, 2009

I started this almost a month ago and forgot to post...

Life just seems to plug along. I always laugh when people ask whats new and I honestly have nothing to say. We just keep doing the same thing day after day and week after week. Sometimes there are hiccups but life just keeps moving forward. Yes we have things happen but they don't seem too important.

If anything causes us worry it's Susannah. At her doctor appointment last week I mentioned some funny things she does after falling and hitting her head and now i have to take her to a pediatric neurologist to make sure she's not having seizures or something wrong after her concussion in August. That's a little bit scary but after learning more about what could be wrong I'm not quite as scared. I've also been ordered to feed her more fatty foods so she can gain weight. To top it off she ran a high fever all weekend after getting her immunizations on Thursday. She better now but sick kids are never fun.

In a week we'll be in Montana for Thanksgiving with Peter's family. It going to be a hard holiday after his mom passed away. There will be a memorial service/ graduation party for her next Tuesday and we'd appreciate your prayers during this time. But boy do we have a trip to get there. We fly into Denver, pick up a rental car, pick up Aunt and uncle and keep driving for 8 more hours. It's going to be a long day. I'm also excited to see friends in Colorado after Thanksgiving.

Other interesting happenings. Isaiah is potty trained. Yeah!! I'm jumping up and down on this one. He still has days where nothing goes right but they are far and few between. Susannah in next. She is ready and after the holidays it's her turn to learn.

Isaiah has also learned how to play computer games by himself. Thank you PBS Kids. He loves Super Why and Curious George. I can get him started and then he takes off. He can maneuver the mouse and choose the game he likes. Win and get it to start again. This gives me a wonderful but of time to focus on Susannah or get dishes done. The only bad thing is he throws a fit when it's time to be done.

His speech therapy is going great and everyday we are able to understand more and more of what he says. This makes life a bit easier. Yet it seems the more he is able to express himself the more he gets frustrated and throws a tantrum when when he can't get his way. As i was telling Peter Isaiah is hitting his terrible two's a little late and Susannah is hitting them early. She throws the worst tantrums. Does any one else have a harder time disciplining a daughter than a son? i think some has to do with her size, she is just so little


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment