Tuesday, December 8, 2009

...so here is what has ben happening since then.

We are well into December now. Thanksgiving vacation with Peter's family was busy. We flew into Denver, rented a car, picked up family on the way to Montana. It was about 19 hours of traveling. Thank God for DVD players! The kids did great and since most of the driving was at night they slept. The only highlight of the trip came in the middle of Wyoming. I had just taken over driving, drove less than 2 blocks to get on the interstate and pulled over on the on ramp to adjust the seat again. All of the sudden I see cop lights pull up behind me. Now the only thing I can think of is that they're checking to make sure nothing is wrong. Haha, not in Wyoming. The cop says he caught me going 11 mph over the speed limit, this in the 2 blocks it took me to get onto the interstate. Apparently the speed limit was 20 mph; which was posted on either end of the construction but since I drove only in the middle on it I never saw. Forget trying to explain anything I was handed a speed ticket for $124. Thank you Wyoming!

To top it off about 5 miles down the interstate I was a deer in the middle of the road and slammed on the brakes and pulled off to the side of the road to miss him. Silly deer decided to turn and run into my back tire. There was deer hair there all week to prove he hit me. Luckily no damage to the rental car though. After those 20 minutes the rest of the trip was uneventful.

One of the highlights of the week was Peter's Mom's Graduation(into heaven) Party. It was a wonderful time of sharing memories with friends and fellowshipping and eating. A party Linda would have been proud of. It was an example of how we are citizens in heaven and the party we get once there when you are a believer in Christ. It confused some people why it wasn't a memorial service but a celebration that Linda is now with Jesus, free of pain and cancer. I pray more people will think on life after death this way.

The trip home went smoothly and uneventful. We even got to spend a day with friends in Colorado before flying back to North Carolina. It makes us miss living out there but we still know God has plans for us here, right now. Someday we'll be back.

Otherwise life keeps moving ahead. We're headed to Florida to spend Christmas with my family in less than 2 weeks. I get to take Peter, Isaiah and Susannah on their first sailboat ride. Many don't know but I grew up in Florida spending most of the family free time sailing and cursing in the ocean off Ft. Lauderdale. I get to go back for the first time in 14 years. Wow is seems crazy. But the beach at Christmas time sounds fun and the boat parade of lights and showing a little of where I grew up to Peter. I'm excited!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment