This year we had the privilege of going to Tampa and Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Most of you don't know but I was born and lived in Fort Lauderdale until I was 9. This was the first time I had been back since then. My mom got us two condos so we had some of our own space while my parents and sisters had their own room. We were very thankful for this arrangement. The best part is the kiddie pool and giant hot tub just a short walk away. My kids and the parents sent just about every waking hour in there. I love being able to swim outside in December.
We went on a airboat ride in the Everglades and saw alligators and iguanas. The kids loved it, Susannah went crazy when the boat went fast. It was pretty cool how the boats turned as full speed.
Afterward Isaiah had the chance to hold a 4 year old alligator. Not to be outdone Susannah had to get in on the action and pet the gator.
For two nights we also had dinner with old family friends. These we're the kids I grew up with. Grant and Eric are 1 and 3 years younger than me but we did everything together when I lived down there. Their Dad pulled out family videos of the 3 of us. We had some good laughs. These guys are now well over a foot taller than me and life has taken us down different paths. But it was so great to see their family. Eric also took us on a boat ride through the intercoastal water ways and we saw some incredible boats.
And of course we had Christmas. Both kids really got into opening presents and where so excited about new toys. Isaiah had one moment where he opened a Super Why cape and wand set and announced he was done with presents. It was great. For about 20 minutes he ran around dressed up as Super Why and refused any more presents but eventually he decided that more presents were okay. It was darling.
I found this one on my camera and it made me laugh.

Great photos. You're such a cute family. Sounds like you had a great Christmas.
ReplyDeleteGlad your Christmas was Merry! God bless 2010!!
ReplyDeleteI had no idea you were born in Florida! I have a lot of family there (Pensacola area). I LOVE your pictures!
ReplyDelete