Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Reflecting

“Lord I give up all my own plans and purposes, all my own desires and hopes, and accept Thy will for my life. I give up myself, my life, my all utterly to Thee to be Thine forever. Fill me and seal me with Thy Holy Spirit. Use me as Thou Wilt. Send me where Thy Wilt. Work out Thy whole will in my life, AT ANY COST, now and forever.” Elizabeth Stamm (Martyred with her husband in China)

I found this quote while I was surfing today and it hit me that how often do I actually live out this prayer. And am I really brave enough to pray this prayer for my life each and every day. It is so easy to get use to all the niceties we have here in the US; food choices, Target's, health care and on and on. Some days all I want is a house with a grassy yard, a steady job for Pete and a knowing that here is where we'll be for the next 20 plus years. But then I stop to think is that what God really wants from me. The answer is still no and as much as I don't like it some days, the majority of the days it excites me. To live a life wholly sold out to God's will and His plan is what my heart desires more than anything.

I've been reflecting as God has brought more changes into our lives and we're unsure of what the next chapter holds for our family. The first steps have been made clear yet once again He has brought us to a place where we only know the plan for the next two months. After that God knows but we first have to be faithful with the steps He has given us for now. He is in total control and all my trust in His good plan for our lives. Don't get me wrong I still struggle with the why's of the whole situation and asking "again?" but deep down I always come back to God and the peace of resting in His will. We can never go wrong if we are there.

Hopefully in the next month I'll be able to share more of what our next steps are and where we are going to be. I'll be excited to learn right along with you;) This is one of those times where all I can do is sit back and laugh at how God works. We asked for very clear guidance about our current situation and He gave it, just in no way how we wanted. But in the end I think it will be ten times more than we could have imagined or planned on our own. How awesome of a God do we serve!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. God will bless you for a willing heart. He has a purpose for everything and for your services...make no mistake. I had the "waiting" periods of life and will pray that this time of "waiting" is a growth opportunity for you spiritually and a time of rest with all the US nice-et-ties :) yes that is a made up word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Isaiah is such a little Pete!!! So adorable. I want a new family picture for our fridge:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great view/perspective on the whole situation. You also have a great attitude. I respect and admire you for that. Still praying for you and the family.

    ReplyDelete